Friday, February 20, 2009

Fox 5 News' Shawn Yancy to Join 2009 Making HerStory Exhibition

The Making HerStory art series is proud to announce that long time friend and supporter, Shawn Yancy, has decided to join the 2009 HerStory cast as a visual exhibitor. Her participation in HerStory will mark her first public debut as an artist.

An award winning journalist, Shawn anchors FOX 5 News (WTTG) at 5 and 10pm. When she's not telling other people's stories on the news, she's telling her own stories through her art. Her mixed media and abstract originals are vibrant in style and color as well as intricate in detail and technique. "I love painting on canvas, wood, steel; you name it and I'll paint it. I find beauty in almost everything around me. Life and its many colors inspire my moods and my mind to create," says Shawn.
As with many of the HerStory girls, Shawn has been drawing, painting and creating as long as she can remember. She currently lives in Maryland with her husband and three wonderful sons.
The Making HerStory art series is proud that Shawn has chosen our celebration for her debut. Make HerStory!

No comments:

Post a Comment