Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She's Making HerStory: Meet Therese Brown in her own words

"This series, and much of the work I produce, expresses my ongoing relationship to the earth and the theme of introspection.  The connectedness of nature and the surrounding world, guides my understanding of what's within myself and how I fit into the whole.

My work uses a variety of techniques, but almost always includes some film, traditional darkroom printing, and/or alternative/historic print making such as cyanotypes. These hands on methods of photography help me slow down the process and offer the element of surprise, with the cyanotypes in particular producing a unique, one of a kind artwork for each print made."

*Therese Brown resides in the SanFransico Bay area with her husband and two children.  She has been a photographer for over 22 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment